A while ago, I ordered some AtTiny breadboard headers from tinkerlog.com. Unfortunately, they didn’t have any boards for AtMega’s left. The ones for the AtTiny’s are very handy, and I used them whenever prototyping something with an AtTiny. In fact, I used it almost whenever flashing an AtTiny. Many times I wished I had one of these tiny boards for the AtMega’s and at some point I even forgot that they existed. Often times I just included in ICSP header on the stripboard.
Last week I thought I must have such a board for the AtMega’s as well, and created one with a bit of stripboard. The wiring is not pretty, but the device works well, and is a real help when prototyping.