This page shall serve as a sort of a ToDo list, but not imperatively. Just a collection of Ideas that I want to investigate in the future.
- RobotArm : Make my robot arm play chess. At first instructed moves, then with information about opponent’s moves, and finally with vision processing.
- OpenCL : Take some algorithm that might be in our CAD,write it with OpenCL and hope it’s faster.
- Flightpred : Integrate the OpenCL SVM and some NeuralNetwork as alternative learning engines.
- SmartCard : Write some program with JavaSmartCard edition and put it on a SmartCard. Bonus if it’s possible (unlikely) to use an existing expired card (CreditCard, SIM, Health insurance or whatever…) to put something next to the original payload. link
- Laser show : Project images by diverting the laser ray with fast moving mirrors. Not just the rotating flowers, but real geometric figures. Bonus : If the system is fast enough try playing videos. link link
- Home automation : experiment with X11 or wireless options to switch lights with the smartphone.
- OpenID : Authentication to http://flugbuch2.ulrichard.ch with OpenID, maybe using Wt’s new authentication module.
- AtTiny : Experiment with the AtTiny maybe with solar panels or servos or I2C.
- I2C @ Alix : One of my Alixes has an I2C Port that could be use to connect some devices. link
- MSVC@linux : Write a cmake toolchain to use the msvc compiler on linux, and debianize it.
- Roomba : Flash a hacked firmware onto the roomba, and attach some linux device to control it.
- GnuRadio : Experiment with software defined radio, preferrably without having to buy expensive hardware.
- OsmocomBB : Install OsmocomBB on my Freerunner : http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OpenMoko
In Progress: These are Projects that I started, but are not finished yet.
- RobotArm : Working on the ROS integration
Older Projects: These Projects are either done, abandoned, inactive or they still run without much maintenance.
- Beamer : Built a Beamer out of an overhead projector and a TFT Panel.
- Flightpred : Predictions for good cross country flying days.
- Flugbuch : Online flight log book for paraglider pilots.
- Receptiongreet : Greets a visitor by name with voice output when a face was recognized.
- AVRFID : Copied an RFID transponder with nothing more than an AtTiny microcontroller and a self wrapped coil.